History of the Insurance Agency
Community Insurance, Inc. was born in 1937 in Cleveland, MN and originated as the “Carl Wolf Agency”. Carl was an employee of both First State Bank and owner of his Agency until he retired after 35 years in the business in 1972.
In 1972, Tom Lassonde became the President and renamed the agency Cleveland Insurance Agency (CIA) which it remained until 1992.
1992, Community Bank Group purchased Peoples State Bank and Cleveland Insurance Agency. The name was changed to Community Insurance, Inc. which it remains today.
In the coming years, the agency expanded and added office locations in Le Sueur, Henderson, St. Peter and Jordan.
In 2006, Redwood Financial purchased both Community Bank and Community Insurance, Inc. The bank name changed to HomeTown Bank and the Agency continued as Community Insurance, Inc.
In 2007 the Agency expanded offices into Redwood Falls and Olivia.
In 2010, Tom Lassonde retired after 38 years in insurance and banking.
Also in 2010, Doug Schweim was named President of Community Insurance, Inc. and since has expanded with HomeTown Bank into Waconia, MN.
In 2015, the agency expanded into Shakopee, MN.